Case Study Books
This six-volume series of case study books covers an expansive range of building types to support the adoption of sustainable building design practices in California. The series is completely free to view online, and highlights what final results can be achieved with the aid of energy modeling. Over the course of the series the focus has shifted from zero net energy (ZNE) to all-electric designs, reflecting California’s goal of a carbon-free electrical grid by 2045. These books provide decision-making insights, detailed performance analysis, key images of building design, and countless indispensable lessons learned. These publications are funded by California utility customers; administered and commissioned by Investor Owned Utilities under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.
- New in 2022: Designing for Zero Carbon: Volume 1, All-Electric Buildings (View as Flip Book)
- ZNE Case Study: Commercial Buildings Volume 1
- ZNE Case Study: Commercial Buildings Volume 2
- ZNE Case Study: Commercial Buildings Volume 3
- ZNE Case Study: Homes Volume 1
- ZNE Case Study: Homes Volume 2, All-Electric